Locally known as “Krung Thep”, the City of Angels or Bangkok is among those few destinations in the world that hardly require any formal identity to symbolize itself. Its grand structures, mighty temples, colorful streets and the bright canopy of skyline reflect its reputation as a legacy holder of a past year kingdom. Though little bit much crowded in comparison to other Thai destinations yet this main centre of business and politics of Thailand is constantly on a move. There is much more to explore in this beautiful Thai cultural capital than the hustle and bustle of traffic. If you find holidaying in Bangkok somewhat more expensive then why not try some easy money saving tips without compromising on the fun and leisure. Search and compare prices for flights to Bangkok. There are many airlines that offer discount airfares to Bangkok and operate throughout the year.
Whether you are a single traveller or visiting Bangkok on a romantic trip or for business work, whatever is your reason to visit this exciting city of Thailand, one thing that everyone wishes to have is a cheap trip. There are various attractions and things to do in Bangkok that do not cost a single penny to see and do. Make your journey light on your budget with these some useful tips for a cheap holiday in Bangkok.
1. Besides being an expensive city, Bangkok caters the need of budget-class travellers very well. There are numerous cheap hotels in the city. But if you are staying for a week or longer then a vacation apartment is more beneficial and meaningful. There are plenty of apartment buildings in Bangkok that provide holiday apartments on rent at very affordable prices than a comparable hotel room.
2. Visit the mighty temples of the city and have a glimpse of the cultural treasure of Bangkok. Temple of Emerald Buddha, Wat Arun, Wat Mahathat, Wat Prayoon, Wat Pho, Wat Saket, Wat Traimit and Wat Sutat are the most notable ones.
3. Escape to nature at Lumpini Park, the most popular public park in Bangkok. This beautiful park not only offers you a surprisingly and tranquil break from the noisy and hectic urban sprawl but also schedules free outdoor aerobic classes that anyone can participate.
4. A trip to Bangkok is surely incomplete without wandering through its colorful markets. The massive Chatuchak weekend market is not only the world’s largest market but is an excellent place to savour authentic Thai food and for buying amazing Thai handicrafts at very cheap rates. Never forget to discover unique floating markets and night markets as well as Bangkok Flower Market and Or Tor Kor Market.
5. If you love to watch traditional Thai dance, drama and musical performances without spending money then there are two public venues where you can enjoy them, i.e. at Erawan Shrine and Lak Muang.
6. Enjoy a local ferry ride at the Chao Praya River. But it is not free. You have to pay a very little amount somewhat around 35 cents which is almost equal to free.
Along with all these, there are some more attractions in the city that can make your cheap holidays more interesting. Most of the art galleries in Bangkok either not charge an admission fee or have a low entry fee. Check out these great and interesting places. Similarly, Bangkok Butterfly Garden & Insectarium, The Bangkokian Museum and The Bangkok Art & Cultural Center are some other worthy places to visit. Enhance your idea of having blasting and memorable cheap holidays in Bangkok while choosing discount airfares to Bangkok. Travellers wishing to have some great fun in this dazzling city should take flights to Bangkok.