Do you suspect that your spouse might be cheating on you? Or as the owner of an enterprise, you feel that someone from your employees is letting out your business secrets? Or is someone threatening or stalking you? Or worse has your loved one gone missing? What should you do if your answer to any of these questions is ‘yes’? Well, you should hire a private detective!
Who is a private detective?
Private detective; the word itself conjures up images of a person clad in black, trying to look inconspicuous, operating from shadows and mumbling on the phone. This is courtesy the movies. In real life they, like you, are people who are doing a job. They might be having a background in criminal investigation. They are trained to perform the tasks that are related to their job with the help of certain tools. Some investigators work as individuals while others are part of a firm. One such firm is Zürich-based, Privatdetektive.
Advantages of hiring a private investigator
Some advantages are:
1. Private investigators are skilled and have the requisite tools to carry out investigations. They have their sources and databases to consult when they need information about someone. In fact, they have access to some information, which is generally unavailable to the public.
2. You might not have the time, the legal knowledge and the resources to undertake the task on your own and in such a case a private eye is the best option.
3. Secrecy and privacy of the individual are of utmost importance and cannot be compromised. A professional agency like Privatdetektive can guarantee this.
4. Private detectives are experienced in the art of surveillance. If you try to do the same on your own, you can get caught and can have charges of stalking and trespassing against you.
Who needs a private detective?
1. If you are hiring someone for your firm or a house help, you need to do a proper background check on the prospective employee.
2. If you are a lawyer fighting a criminal case, you need all the relevant information about the case, but you might be too busy to gather it on your own.
3. If you are looking for some long lost relatives or friends, private investigators can help you without disclosing your identity.
4. If you suspect that your spouse is cheating and you discreetly want evidence for same, which is valid in the court of law.
5. Government agencies for investigating cases of fraud for instance.
Technology and the detective
The most popular detective of our times is the fictional character of Sherlock Holmes. Most of the detectives then relied on clues and evidence to logically reach a conclusion. They had a group of local boys who would do the ‘spying’ part. The detectives themselves would be unassuming people who had small offices and were located away from prying eyes. All this has changed today. Private investigators like privatdetektive (German) work with state of the art equipment and hence, can access to some highly classified data. They have websites on which it is easy to contact them.