Recently, Google update their publicly available Page Rank values.
Its generally at this time that webmasters act like they don’t care, but when nobody’s looking they all feverishly check their Page Rank to see if it has changed.
Page Rank is on of those things that we all like to down-play the importance of, but in reality, its important in the minds of webmasters, so that in itself gives it market value if nothing else.
Getting solid Page Rank on inner pages on our website is a great way to tell you which pages of yours Google consider popular and hot and if Google considers them hot, then so does everybody else.
So the key, then, despite the fact that people like to claim that PR doesn’t matter, is getting it anyway and watching everyone’s eyes sparkle when they see it, not because its necessary for rankings, but just because it looks cool.
How To Boost The PR Of Your Article On TheBitBot.Com
Maybe you noticed or maybe you didn’t, but if you scroll down to the bottom of any page on TheBitBot.Com, you will see three columns or lists listing out article categories related to this site.
- Latest Editor Posts – These are posts from our editors, mostly me, and they detail a lot of things in the “online business” niche because I love it and I write about it a lot. SEO, SEM, Marketing, Blogging, you know, stuff like that. Its a great place to get cool tips and tricks about IM related stuff.
- Popular Posts – Articles on TheBotBot.Com that get the most hits earn spots here and what is really nice is that the winners can sit on the throne indefinitely if the traffic and quality are there.
- Recent Contributor Posts – This column lists out recent posts from our guest authors. Generally, this entire column will be refreshed each and every day and the last twenty entries will be blasted to our FeedBurner subscribers. So if you land here, you automatically get a spot on the blast. Cool.
The key to the process of getting some solid PR is getting listed in that second column, the “Popular Posts” column. Why? Simple. That column doesn’t roll over as quickly as the others. Additionally, that column appears on every page of this site.
What does this lead to? This leads to tons of PR1-PR2 links from every page on this site pointing to your article and pumping it full of “link juice”. How nice is that?
Additionally, we have taken great steps to minimize outbound links from this site, so if you have a guest post published with us and you have an article listed in the “Popular Posts” column, then you get maximum juice.
If you submit a guest post with us, breaking the Top 20 can be done with quality content, some social bookmarking and a little advertising.
Get More Page Rank
Even though many webmasters like to down play the importance of PR, the fact is, everybody still wants it, and if you have it, it definitely helps and is better than not having it.
Of course, in the world of SERP rankings, obviously relevancy trumps all, but have Google show your page trust and rank can only help and does in many cases.
So do this:
- Create Awesome Content
- Get It Published On A High Traffic Authority Site (see our submission guidelines)
- Share It On Social Networks Once It Is Published
- Build A Few Links To It With Follow Up Articles
- Enjoy Your Link Juice And SERP Rankings
This is how you make money online. What is more, if you can write a highly-converting “how to” article, then all the better. Here is an example of an article that I wrote and am in the process of ranking right now: TheBitBot.Com Niche Marketing Primer: Start Your Own Business!!! (Check it out. I have tons of affiliate links in it. You can do this here too.)
I have successfully driven it up into the “Popular Posts” column and it is only a week old. I will be marketing it further in the future and since it is in the “Top 20″ tons of link juice is already getting pumped into it.
One of the best things that can happen to an article of yours is to get natural links. High SERP rankings for solid keywords is the best place to start. To get the ball rolling for an article you publish on your own site, I recommend two things:
- Install the SEOPressor SEO Plugin on your WordPress site and optimize your on-page content for hot search terms.
- Share you article with your social circles. Social Media used to be the promotional method of lesser importance, but search engine updates have made it more essential.
Of course, none of this works if you don’t write the article first, so get to it!